Network Innovation Report 2021 released
Energy Networks Australia has today released a new report highlighting the significant research and development being undertaken by networks across Australia.
Energy Networks Australia CEO, Andrew Dillon, said the report provided an opportunity for networks to share learnings from across the sector and receive insight into what other businesses were achieving.
“The energy sector is undergoing one of the most momentous periods of change since the introduction of electricity into the home,” he said.
“With the integration of renewables, the increase in battery storage uptake and innovative market and system design, networks are creating a smarter grid, giving customers more control over their energy use and encouraging better management of electricity demand.”
The Network Innovation 2021 Report is a compilation of the submissions received to the Energy Networks Australia 2020 Industry Innovation Awards, which showcase ground-breaking initiatives, technology, services or solutions from networks across Australia.
Energy Networks Australia received 11 entries of an extremely high standard. Nominating companies included Endeavour Energy, Energy Queensland, Horizon Power, Jemena, SA Power Networks, TransGrid, United Energy and Western Power.
“This year the judging panel noted the nominations were more sophisticated and there was a strong theme of using technology for consumer benefit across all submissions.” he said.
The judging process was undertaken by a panel of highly experienced industry leaders who were unanimous in their decision to announce SA Power Networks as the winner for its Advanced VPP Grid Integration Trial.
- Jill Cainey, General Manager Networks, Energy Networks Australia (Chair)
- Gavin Dufty, Manager Policy and Research, St Vincent de Paul Society
- David Feeney, EGM Networks, Australian Energy Market Commission
- Craig Chambers, Director, Business Development & Transactions, Australian Renewable Energy Agency
- Lillian Patterson, Director, Energy Transformation, Clean Energy Council
- Violette Mouchaileh, Executive General Manager, Emerging Markets & Services, Australian Energy Market Operator