Consumer Engagement Award shortlist announced for 2022
Energy Networks Australia and Energy Consumers Australia have announced the shortlisted finalists for the 2022 Consumer Engagement Awards.
The award recognises an Australian energy network business that demonstrates outstanding leadership in consumer engagement.
This year, the judging panel received seven submissions for the Consumer Engagement Award.
- AGN, AusNet Services and MGN – Three Businesses, One Engagement Program for Victorians
- Endeavour Energy – Community Engagement Beyond a Bushfire
- Ergon Energy – EQL – SAPS
- Essential Energy – Stand Alone Power System (SAPS) Social Science Research Project
- Essential Energy – Customer Journey Mapping
- TasNetworks – TasCollab
- Western Power – Access Arrangement 5 – Community Engagement Program
The shortlisted submissions are from AGN, AusNet Services and MGN, Endeavour Energy and Essential Energy – Customer Journey Mapping and Western Power.
ENA Chief Executive Officer Andrew Dillon said the quality of the submissions this year reflected a continued maturing of network businesses in their consumer engagement programs.
“More and more we are seeing networks incorporate consumer engagement across the entire business. This emphasis means improved customer benefits and service delivery,” he said.
Energy Consumers Australia CEO Lynne Gallagher said networks were increasing the opportunities for consumers to engage.
“By working closely with consumers in a respectful and genuine way, networks can understand, as opposed to assume, their needs and concerns. Meaningful consumer engagement helps build consumers’ level of trust and confidence in the energy sector,” she said.
The winners of the Consumer Engagement, Industry Innovation and Industry Contribution awards will be announced at the Annual Dinner on 14 September.