Innovation Award shortlist announced for 2022
Energy Networks Australia has announced the shortlisted finalists for the 2022 Industry Innovation Awards.
The Energy Network Industry Innovation Award recognises leadership in the design, development and application of a ground-breaking Australian energy network initiative, technology, service or solution.
This year, the judging panel received nine submissions for the Industry Innovation Award.
- Ausgrid – Community Battery Trial
- Endeavour Energy – Digital Substation
- Endeavour Energy – Using a Network Digital Twin for Digital Emergency Response and Resilience
- Ergon Energy Network and Energex – EV SmartCharge Queensland – research program drives network benefits
- Ergon Energy Network and Energex – Test and Verify Virtual Training Aid
- Essential Energy – evolve DER project
- Jemena – End to End (E2E) Project – A Better Way for Our People
- Transgrid – Use of SmartValve technology for the delivery of the Victoria-New South Wales Interconnector (VNI) Minor
- Western Power – Standalone Power Systems.
The shortlisted submissions are from Ergon Energy Network and Energex (EV SmartCharge), Endeavour Energy (Digital Twin), Essential Energy and Transgrid.
ENA Chief Executive Officer Andrew Dillon said that while the submissions were very diverse, they all had a strong focus on driving networks to a 21st century power grid.
“It’s very pleasing to see how networks are innovating to improve system security and reliability and incorporate more renewables onto the grid,” he said.
ENA General Manager, Networks and panel chair, Dominic Adams said members should be congratulated on the incredibly high standard of submissions this year.
“The submissions the panel received demonstrated a real understanding of how to implement smart technologies and solutions to deliver better outcomes for customers,” he said.
The winner of the Innovation Award, along with the Consumer Engagement and Industry Contribution awards, will be announced at the ENA Annual Dinner on 14 September.