To access the Network Opportunity Maps:
1. Go to the Australian Renewable Energy Mapping Infrastructure (AREMI) web portal.
2. Click ‘Add Data’, then select ‘Electricity Infrastructure’ and ‘Network Opportunities’.
3. Select one of the following Network Opportunity Maps layers:
- Available Distribution Capacity
- Proposed Investment
- Annual Deferral Value
- Peak Day Available Capacity
- New Generator Connection Capacity (transmission or distribution powerlines or substations)
4. Move time slider along the bottom of the screen to scroll through each year for the coming decade (for Available Distribution Capacity or Annual Deferral Value) or each hour of the peak day (for Peak Day Available Capacity).
5. To view another Network Opportunity Maps layer, click ‘Add Data’ again, and select a new layer. (NB: deselect the current layer if moving from one zone region layer to another, i.e. Available Distribution Capacity, Annual Deferral Value, Peak Day Available Capacity, as it is best to avoid viewing multiple overlapping regions at once.)