Powercor

Powercor Australia operates the largest electricity distribution network in Victoria, with more than half a million poles and 85, 000 kilometres of power lines servicing  around 761,000  customers in central and western Victoria, as well as Melbourne’s outer western suburbs. Powercor supplies major regional centres including Ballarat, Bendigo and Geelong, and provides electricity to some of Australia’s most popular tourist destinations, such as the towns along the Great Ocean Road.

Ownership is divided between Cheung Kong Infrastructure, Power Assets Holdings and Spark Infrastructure.  Cheung Kong Infrastructure and Power Assets Holdings, which are members of the Cheung Kong Group of companies, hold a 51 per cent stake in the business. Spark Infrastructure, which is listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, owns the remaining 49 per cent of CitiPower and Powercor.